Tuesday, December 16, 2008

GDI Experiment Day 12

So it is day 12 and I must apologize. I said that I would give an update last Sunday but unfortunately I wasn't able to do so. But I am here now to give some info I believe to be rather important.

First off, I HAD 4 direct sign ups, but one recently emailed me informing me he got a new job that would take up far more time then he expected. Therefore I'm down to 3 direct sign ups, however one of those sign ups, has a sign up so it is growing.

But here is the thing. I get anywhere from 25-50 hits combined between my youtube vids, my digg account, and this blog - yet only about 1 lead per day, and maybe 1 sign up every 2 or 3 days. And I think I know why. When somebody clicks on one of my links - it takes them either to a ticket where they must enter in their email address, and then they will be sent to a Flash movie. This is where it gets sticky. The flash movie, and the page the host it reeks of shady marketing. Its plastic if you will. Feels fake. While it is NOT, it feels that way. And people get scared off by this. I know I would have if I didn't find the youtube video first which gave me a better first impression then that page ever would have.

Therefore my new goal is to create a new capture page that will give a better first and second impression. Which hopefully will lead to a better conversion rate. And in the capture page i assume to offer my capture pages to my team. So that should be a decent incentive. Anyways GDI day 12 is half way done. Maybe I'll get another sign up before its over.

Join The Project

0 comments: